martes, 5 de marzo de 2013

EXPRESSING THE FUTURE

How can we express the future in English?


PRESENT CONTINUOUS


 For definite future arrangememts

       Belchite is playing against Stadium         next Saturday.

GOING TO


 To talk about our plans or intentions

                 We are going to watch a video.

         


WILL

             Predictions

           When we decide to do sth at the time of speaking
    
                  When we offer to do sth
             To make promises
             When we are sure about sth in the future
          We use “probably” if we aren’t completely sure

              Cars will fly in the future.

           I think I’ll try them on (at a shoes shop)
                I’ll hold your books for you.
                I promise I won’t forget
                It’ll be cold in the North Pole
               You probably won’t like the food
              You will probably like the food.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario